Important COVID-19 Safety Measures
From Monday 20th December 2021, Noosa Civic Family Practice will be putting in place the following additional measures for the safety of our staff, doctors and patients. Please ensure you have read the below prior to an appointment at the Practice.
- Any patients and visitors to the Practice, over the age of 12, will be required to wear a mask upon entering the Practice. Please bring your own mask with you.
- Please limit the number of people attending your appointment with you to those necessary. This is to reduce the number of people in our Practice, where social distancing is difficult.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sinus complaints, loss of taste or smell) you will be required to have a COVID-19 test and receive a negative result before having a face-to-face consultation. While you are awaiting your result you will have the option of a telephone or video consultation. If you arrive at the Practice with symptoms and have not had a negative COVID-19 test in the preceeding 72 hours, you will be asked to leave and arrange a telephone consultation. Patients who have symptoms and have had a negative test, as outlined above, will have the option of being seen face-to-face at dedicated times, in a dedicated isolation room, where the appropriate PPE and risk minimisation measures can be implemented.
- If you are caring for a child who has cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms please phone the Practice and your child will be triaged accordingly (Ph: 5447 1952).
- If you have been identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or are currently in Qld Health directed quarantine or isolation you must abide by the current public health orders. You cannot attend the Practice face-to-face. Please book a telephone or video appointment or phone reception for further advice.
- You will be required to check in on arrival using the Check in Qld app.
Noosa Civic Family Practice will endeavour to continue providing both face-to-face and telehealth appointments throughout this pandemic. We ask for your continued cooperation, patience and support.